Students from a country in the European Union
These students do not need residency permits.
Students from a country outside the European Union
All international students (except for Algerian nationals, governed by a special law) wishing to study in France must have a long stay visa that serves as a residence permit.
The visa is usually valid for one year.
However, upon arrival in France, students must complete the formalities at the OFII (French Office for Immigration and Integration).
These formalities are carried out at EIGSI with the help of our “administrative procedures” office.
To do this, students must:
- Complete the OFII certificate request form given to you and signed by the authority that issued the visa
- Provide a copy of your passport showing your identity information and the stamp proving your date of entry into France or the Schengen Area.
EIGSI will send these items to the OFII by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
The OFII will send back proof of receipt of the form and an intake appointment date.
During the intake visit, students must submit:
- Their passport with the visa
- Proof of residence in France (Rent receipt, lease, utility bill, proof of accommodation),
- A photo ID to French standards
- A tax stamp in the amount of €60 (virtual stamp has to be purchased online using a bank credit or debit card : www.timbresofii.fr)